Tuesday 10 November 2009

Evaluation Activity Seven




I took a screen grab of the continuity task and I in this shot it represents the reverse shot

However in my film opening shot my character is focused on something and looking but the shot is not reversed because it is a camera his looking at I didn't want to do a reverse shot completely like the sot above.


Match on action shot (open the door walk through the door)

I have taken a screen grab of the shots I think relate to the continuity rules, This one relates to reverse shot however not accurately. As I did on purpose I choose to have just the character looking up and not the reverse shot of the camera looking down. But the screen grab here would be of what this situation of reverse shot could be.


In these shots beneath I have kept the rule of of the 180° rule where I have showed the character walking past the camera to the right then pan's across following the character walking past.
The 180° rule is a basic guideline in film making that states that two characters (or other elements) in the same scene should always have the same left/right





Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

I think the continuity task had helped me to understand the different techniques of filming, and how important they are. It has shown me now to connect a sequence of footage by using very simple rules to make it good and more accurate skills included.

No comments:

Post a Comment